With increasing medical expenses in the workers’ compensation industry, how is Synergy Coverage Solutions working proactively to control medical costs?
- Medical billing is handled in-house, giving us the ability to examine every medical bill, line by line, and only approve appropriate expenses (oftentimes, medical billing is outsourced and bills are paid without question).
- Payment representatives are fully informed of individual claim details, offering a full perspective of the claim, rather than a segmented view.
- Our network of medical providers deliver effective care at reduced prices and are informed of our Return to Work procedures. When injured workers receive appropriate care, they are able to reach maximum medical improvement and return to work in a shorter time period.
- Pharmacy network discounts are equal to wholesale costs.
- Our 24/7 Nurse hotline connects employers and the injured worker to qualified nurses who can direct appropriate care over the phone, reducing doctor visits, time away from work, and unnecessary medical expenses.
- Internal Nurse Analyst ensures injured workers are receiving effective care using the most cost-effective approach, proactively avoiding complications, and returning injured employees back to work as soon as medically appropriate.
- Average medical costs are reduced by more than 50% of the original billed amount.
Synergy’s medical cost containment programs are just one of the many benefits we are able to provide for our Policyholders. We remain dedicated to staying at the forefront of the industry and delivering quality programs that add value to our workers’ compensation services.